What To Wear With This Season's Wedge Boots
With the cold weather and icy snow and frost with us to stay for the foreseeable future the wedge boot is the perfect fashion footwear accessory for the season, being stylish, warm, and less likely to see you on your behind in the snow than a couture, leather soled, stiletto boot. So, for all those struggling in the snowy weather, here are some great tips on how to wear your wedge boots and be super cosy and super stylish too.
- If you are wearing knee length wedge boots, stay away from flared or gathered skirts - this can give a bulky look - team your boots up with dark leggingsand a tunic top.
- Choose some black suede or leather wedge boots and wear them with straight leg jeans and an over-sized sweater with a leather or faux leather jacket for a casual, but edgy look.
- Wedge boots also look great with patterned black tights and a mini skirt, with lots a woollies going on with hats and scarves. Also try some wedge ankle boots with this look, which are not as heavy looking as knee length boots with a skirt.
- Don't be tempted to wear wedge boots underneath bootleg jeans - you might as well just put on a cardigan knitted by your granny and an anorak as well.
- You have got to be pretty brave in winter to wear these ankle wedges as worn by Alexa Chung here at the Burberry Prorsum fashion show. What do you think about her teeny-tiny legs in these rather chunky boots? Looks a bit chilly to us.