How To Keep Your Face Smooth and Wrinkle Free
We love this picture of SJP because for once here we can see her eyes (normally covered in large oversize sunnies), and she looks beautifully natural, with minimum makeup and wavy hair. But SJP is now in her 40s, so lines and wrinkles are definitely a possibility for her in the coming years. SJP seems to be able to keep major lines and wrinkles at bay, and like her, there are things we can all do to prevent lines and crow's feet forming around the eyes, and if you do have them already, there are remedies which can improve their appearance. SJP swears by maximising her sunscreen whatever the weather and she is a very sensible girl, as sun exposure is the main cause of ageing. Covering up with big sunglasses gives even more UVA/UVB protection for the eye area. Be like SJP and follow the tips below to keep the skin around your eyes beautiful and unlined:
- Wear your sunglasses winter and summer, as well as protecting you from the sun's rays, they also prevent you squinting in bright light, increasing the potential for lines around the eyes.
- Use an anti-ageing serum, these are stronger formulations than moisturisers and will pack a punch for the eye area, infusing anti-oxidants and cell regeneration products.
- Take a multi-vitamin and mineral tablet each day, these will help supply your skin with the nutrients it needs to keep renewing it's cells.
- Massage your forehead from left to right with your fingertips for about 30 seconds and then in circular motions for a further 30 seconds. This will encourage bloodflow to the muscles in your forehead, reviviing them. Frowning and allowing your forehead to become stressed and tired will create crow's feet.
- Exercise your eyes to eliminate crows feet. Simply open and close your eyes - open them wide for 3 seconds then close them tight for 3 seconds. Repeat this ten times.
- Drink lots and lots of water and herbal teas. Moisture within your body plumps up skin and softens any lines on your face.